Friday 15 June 2012

Mermaid Hair inspired..

With slight influence from Mermaid hair, I have started to add my own style to characters. Still looking like fashion design, they are now beginning to look more narrative which is what I would like to develop more.



I have also started to look back over comic book characters that first interested me as a young teen. My favourite was Emily the Strange by Cosmic Debris.
I just adore the simplicity and immortality of her character, encased in a bold silhouette and a almost stencil like appearance to her face.

I also like the fact that even though this black and white block effect looks simple, there are slight elements of jointing and proportion and without these the character would looks ill drawn and out of proportion.

No comments:

Post a Comment