Friday 18 May 2012

Illustrator Lust: Lux Xzymhr

Female Illustrator that I have stumbled across via Tumblr.

I admire her work as it reminds me of Mermaid Hair's work with the alien-looking girls and strong, confident line making.


The girls are quite disturbing, like they are aliens or demons. I like this about them as it gives off a sense of uncertainty as to what their personalities are like. 



















I can see a possible resemblance and influence to the musicians Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez within the design of the hair and mannerisms of the body postures.


I like the touch of extra detail in the eyes and lips. It's contrasts well with the simple outlines of the bodies. I think that the use of pencil and some black ink really brings out the eeriness in the characters.

Like Mermaid Hair, Xzymhr does use colour too. However, her work is done on a much larger scale so the use of mixed media is a bit more planned unlike Mermaid Hair's spontaneous use of mediums while out and about.


No comments:

Post a Comment