Monday 19 March 2012

Illustrator Lust: Mermaid Hair

 (Mermaid Hair on the right)


Illustrations with colour


Illustrates couture fashion, Harajuku, catwalk and the alternative/punk revival/goth-punk hipster style.

I adore her pencil mark making and the sultry 'idgaf*' expressions on the girls faces.
Colour and medium techniques seem very raw, possibly even primary but this reflects the culture context.

Sure Japanese/modern Asia influence in the faces and body type.






 Just pencil



MY INTERPRETATION/EXPERIMENT...


<<<<
What I am wearing the day I drew this.
Really like how I did my dyed hair part.
See where I have gone wrong with the legs. Need to practice this!

Face was far beyond awful!

>>>>>>>
Experiment from source imagery.
Tumblr is a great place to find these kind of images!
Really like the style. Might see about creating my own photos in this style of clothing (which is basically my style already) and draw from these too!

Really like the Skrillex (Sonny Moore) study but top of glasses are too think therefore they slant and mess up the face!

Green/blue hair girl experiment- green acrylic with blue gouache over the top. Makes it look like crayon pencil!

No comments:

Post a Comment